The following warranties and conditions apply as to the purchase of the above described animal;
1) The above described animal, hereinafter called "said animal" is a purebred dog and may be registered with the AKC, and the pedigree(s) furnished is/are true and correct to the best of the seller's knowledge. Seller agrees to send buyer AKC registration papers as soon as they return from AKC.
2) Said animal shall not be used or donated for the purpose of use for medical veterinary or scientific research, experimentation or field testing, without the express written consent of the seller.
3) Said animal shall not be abandon or delivered to a pound, animal shelter or like organization.
4) The buyer will not use or sell said animal to a substandard breeder. Buyer further agrees buyer will not knowingly permit or allow said animal to breed or be bred indiscriminately or in a manner not in conformance with AKC AND American Brittany Club recognized breed standards, ethics, rules, and regulations concerning health, production, and practices.
_____/_____5) Said animal is guaranteed to be in good health and lack any communicable diseases at the time of sale. Buyer agrees to vet check said animal within _____ days.
6) Said animal is guaranteed against genetic blindness, hip dysplasia or any other major genetic disorder. Any accident, fall, illness or injury resulting in hip dysplasia and/or front leg elbow disorder, or other disorder, shall NOT be guaranteed.
7) If said animal when between the ages of 2 and 3 years, is shown to have hip dysplasia, upon receipt of a xerox copy of the findings from OFA stating that the animal is dysplastic. Or, if buyer's AND sellers vet find any other major genetic disorder at any time during the animals life. The animal shall be returned to the seller along with the registration papers. A replacement puppy of seller's choice shall be given from the first available litter. Buyer agrees to be responsible for the expenses of: the vet checks, returning said animal and receiving replacement.
8) If buyer wishes to keep said animal after findings by the OFA or vets as described in #7 above. The buyer will be credited the selling price of the said animal toward another puppy of the sellers choice from the first available litter. The defective animal must be spy/neutered at the buyers expense. Confirmation of such will be sent to seller from veterinarian performing spay/neuter. All owners of puppies produced by said animal will be notified in writing of genetic defect.
9) It is further agreed that if the buyer chooses to breed said animal, said animal shall have her/his hips X‑rayed for OFA evaluation between the ages of 2 and 3 years and will not be used for breeding until such OFA certification (showing the animal is NOT dysplastic) has been received.
10) Seller guarantees the disposition and the natural hunting ability of said animal. Replacement as per #'s 7 and 8 above.
11) If said animal is male he guaranteed to have two properly descending testicles. Replacement as per #'s 7 and 8 above.
12) Buyer will assume full responsibility for the health, safety, anatomical makeup and appearance of said animal at the time of sale.
13) If at any time, buyer chooses to sell or transfer ownership of said animal, seller reserves first right of buy back. Buyer must make reasonable effort to contact Seller, both in writing, by telephone and via E‑mail/social media.
14) Buyer will not spay/neuter said animal until it is at least one and one half (1.5) years old.
15) The writings on this and the preceding page constitute the full agreement of both parties.